Symposium: Presserat – quo vadis?
- Conference on Human Rights and Tort Law, December 1, 2009
- Conference on the topic of ‘Aims of Tort Law’, 16-17 October 2015, Vienna
- Conference on Compulsory Liability Insurance in European Legal Systems
- Directors' and Officers' (D&O) Liability, 28 March 2017, Vienna
- European Group on Tort Law Meeting
- Medical Malpractice in Global Context Conference, December 3-4, 2010
- Symposium: Journalistic Privilege 20 March 4:30pm
- World Tort Law Society's Conference on the topic of Product Liability, 17 September 2015, Vienna
- 9th Annual Conference on European Tort Law 8-10 April 2010
- Symposium: Presserat – quo vadis? March 31, 2011, 4:30 pm
- Media Governance between Law and Self-Regulation, 5. November, 2009, 16.30
- Symposium: WikiLeaks – New Rules for New Forms of Communication?, October 6, 2011
On March 31, 4:30 pm the symposium "Medienpolitik und Recht" organised by the Institute and the Commission for Comparative Media and Communication Studies
will take place at the Theatersaal of the Academy. Following on from the successful first series of seminars, this first installment of the second series will focus on questions concerning the virtues of and difficulties faced by Austria's new Press Council (Presserat).
Dr. Manuel Puppis
, Institut für Publizistikwissenschaft und Medienforschung, University of Zürich (Switzerland), Mag. Alexander Warzilek
Geschäftsführer, Austrian Press Council,Vienna (Österreich), RA Hon.-Prof. Dr. Johannes Weberling
, University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany) and o.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Walter Berka
, Institut für Verfassungs- und Verwaltungsrecht, University of Salzburg (Austria) will discuss this theme from various perspectives.