- Conference on Human Rights and Tort Law, December 1, 2009
- Conference on the topic of ‘Aims of Tort Law’, 16-17 October 2015, Vienna
- Conference on Compulsory Liability Insurance in European Legal Systems
- Directors' and Officers' (D&O) Liability, 28 March 2017, Vienna
- European Group on Tort Law Meeting
- Medical Malpractice in Global Context Conference, December 3-4, 2010
- Symposium: Journalistic Privilege 20 March 4:30pm
- World Tort Law Society's Conference on the topic of Product Liability, 17 September 2015, Vienna
- 9th Annual Conference on European Tort Law 8-10 April 2010
- Symposium: Presserat – quo vadis? March 31, 2011, 4:30 pm
- Media Governance between Law and Self-Regulation, 5. November, 2009, 16.30
- Symposium: WikiLeaks – New Rules for New Forms of Communication?, October 6, 2011
The Annual Conference on European Tort Law provides both practitioners and academics with the opportunity to learn of the most significant developments in tort law within Europe in the prior year.
Experts from all over Europe present the highlights of their contributions to the European Tort Law Yearbook, which is published after the Conference by the Institute for European Tort Law of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ETL) and the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL). The reporters provide a comprehensive overview of the previous year's court practice and legislation in their respective jurisdictions. Furthermore, an overview of the developments in the field of EU law will be provided. A comparative analysis will review the essential aspects of all reports.
In addition to those national reports, the Conference features special presentations on current key issues of tort law. There is ample room for discussion, both at the Conference as well as informally.The results will be published in the "European Tort Law 2009" Yearbook.
The next conference will take place from Thursday 8th Saturday, 10th April 2010. If you would like to receive further information on this event in the future, please send us an E-mail.