- Conference on Human Rights and Tort Law, December 1, 2009
- Conference on the topic of ‘Aims of Tort Law’, 16-17 October 2015, Vienna
- Conference on Compulsory Liability Insurance in European Legal Systems
- Directors' and Officers' (D&O) Liability, 28 March 2017, Vienna
- European Group on Tort Law Meeting
- Medical Malpractice in Global Context Conference, December 3-4, 2010
- Symposium: Journalistic Privilege 20 March 4:30pm
- World Tort Law Society's Conference on the topic of Product Liability, 17 September 2015, Vienna
- 9th Annual Conference on European Tort Law 8-10 April 2010
- Symposium: Presserat – quo vadis? March 31, 2011, 4:30 pm
- Media Governance between Law and Self-Regulation, 5. November, 2009, 16.30
- Symposium: WikiLeaks – New Rules for New Forms of Communication?, October 6, 2011
Statutory obligations to take out liability insurance are, in practice, the most important means to ensure the compensability of damage arising from dangerous activities.
The conference presented the results of an extensive comparative study of the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL) and the Institute for European Tort Law of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the University of Graz (ETL) on various European legal systems while providing the opportunity to discuss them. A view was equally taken on EU Law, the principles of Constitutional Law, the Economic Analysis of Law, the Principles of European Insurance Contract Law (PEICL) as well as the practice of Insurers and Reinsurers on compulsory liability insurance. Conclusions completed the programme.
The conference was held in English and likewise addressed legal academia as well as experts involved in the practice of liability insurance.
The conference was organised by ECTIL and ETL, together with the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU).
For the detailed programme see the conference folder