The inaugural Sino-European Private Law Forum, jointly organised by the Institute for European Tort Law and the Sino-European Tort Law Institute of Yantai University, Shandong Province, China, will be held in Yantai on 20-21 September 2013. The theme of the first meeting is The Protection of Personality Rights in Comparative Perspective.
Papers to be given include the following:
- The protection of personality rights in comparative perspective: basic questions (Barbara C Steininger, ETL)
- On personality rights in general (Eva Ondreasova, ETL)
- The protection of personality rights in private law (Monika Hinteregger (University of Graz)
- Personality rights and the mass media: watchdog, bloodhound or guard dog of power? (Thomas Thiede, ETL)
- Personality rights and the internet (Laura Ascher, ECTIL)
- Comparative conclusions (Ken Oliphant, ETL)
The Forum provides a focal point for the formal cooperation agreement between the Institute and Yantai University signed in 2011.'